Friday, April 23, 2010

Google's image search is crappy

While Google's old image search was probably the next best thing to fresh baked bread. It has now gone the way of the dodo. Google has decided to change the interface of its image searching function.

The new (well, not really) Google image search is not just user-unfriendly, but also retrieves irrelevant results.

I went into the default Google search page, typed in a specific term, in my case: "breakfast in office" and pressed "Enter".

Wooh! Almost immediately, a list of results is immediately generated and I was given organized, comprehensive rows of thumbnails related to what I searched for.

Or so I thought.

Let's take a look:


Yes, I need a fancy slideshow to side-scroll through a list of images that has got nothing to do with my search term.

I had more luck with Yahoo.

Is Google's image search not as good as Yahoo's? Or maybe it's because they already had agreements with third party image providers/websites to show up irrelevant images?

Maybe Im just the Internet conspiracy theorist who has too much time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment