Sunday, July 26, 2009

A certain derelict hell under guise

In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

"G
erman anti-Nazi activist, Pastor Martin Niemöller"

Somewhere in the corner of this already god-forsaken world, there's a little place where depravity thrives.

Where the rich and powerful write and rewrite their own laws.

1.
http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?t=69270&page=5 - Chief Editor of a certain propaganda arm having her jail term cut from 18 months to 1 day. This woman was found guilty of causing death by dangerous driving, will now serve one day in jail, down from the original sentence of 18 months.

2.
http://www.geraldtan.com/medaffairs/misc-nkf.html - A certain health foundation ran like a for-profit-organization.



6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mas_Selamat_bin_Kastari - Terrorist escapes and the people are to be blamed for complacency

7. http://stargaterichgoh.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/134/ - "Sunshine" Conman runs scam repeatedly

AND an extensive list of misappropriation of funds, misuse of authority, gerrymandering and other acts that would never be condoned elsewhere in this world but shrugged off by the "higher echelons" of the society.

The people should not be afraid of their governments, their governments should be afraid of their people. Or so Zorro said (or was it V for Vendetta it didnt matter then and still doesnt matter now). To be really honest I could have written a lengthier and more bothersome post but I decided not to do that since these issues have been blogged to certain deaths (not literally... I hope). So let the links speak for themselves while you be the judge.



"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)


No comments:

Post a Comment